In celebration of the 70th year of Albion Fire-Rescue and Yeaton’s Service & Supply, this year’s Field Day will be bigger and better than ever!
The festivities kick off on Thursday evening, July 27, with the Queens Contest at the Albion Elementary School from 7 p.m. to approximately 8:30 p.m.
They’re bringing back the Street Dance this year! In keeping with tradition, it will be held on Friday night, July 28, before Field Day. It won’t actually be in the street, it will be in the field adjacent to the Albion Fire Station. The Whiskey Sour Band – country with an edge – will be performing live from 6 – 9 p.m. All are welcome. Free admission. No alcohol or pets.
Saturday’s events kick off with the Fun Run behind the elementary school at 9 a.m., followed by a parade starting on the Hussey Road and proceeding down Main Street at 10 a.m. Events in the Field Day Field begin following the parade at 11 a.m., behind the Besse Building. There will be food available for purchase (chicken BBQ, fresh-cut French fries, hot dogs, baked goods, snow cones, and more), children’s activities – including a bounce house, dunk tank and petting zoo, the Lions Club auction, raffle and flea market, a K-9 Demo by Maine State Police, two shows by Tickles the Clown, and more! All are welcome! Join them for this fun, family-friendly event that brings the whole community together! Free admission. No alcohol or pets throughout the festivities.
- New books at Albion Public Library
- Bicentennial committee gears up for China’s 200th birthday
- BBBS names Hudson executive director
- Historic presence of alewives in China Lake’s Outlet Stream reconfirmed
- Self defense, computer classes in Palermo
- CHINA NEWS: China Community Days set to be the best yet
- Local residents receive bachelor’s degrees at WPI
- Julia Pershken claims women’s rowing postseason honors
- Ice Out on China Lake
- Local scout troop conducts food drive