The Winslow-based U18 girls travel soccer team recently traveled to San Marino, Italy, with Gary Walker and All Pro Soccer Tours to participate in the San Marino Soccer Cup. The team had a truly amazing experience!
The U18 team is made up of 18 players from 12 different central Maine high schools, competing against teams from all over the world.
The team advanced from their bracket in group play having won all three games. They went on to win the quarter final game against a team from Canada and then won their semi-final game against an Italian team. Having advanced to the final game, they beat FCF Como 2000 Italy, a regional championship team from Italy, to win the overall championship.
The Winslow team defeated, Milton Magic, Canada, 2-1; ImoleseF & M ACD, Italy, 2-0; King City United, Canada, 1-0; CSR D. Azalee, Italy, 5-3, on penalty kicks; and FCF Como 2000, Italy, 1-0, in the championship game.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- 2018 Winslow boys U13 travel soccer team
- 2018 Winslow girls U13 travel soccer team
- Trying to get away
- PAL football senior division champs
- Central Maine Photography-sponsored Fairfield PAL soccer team
- Lawrence boys soccer team shows support during National Breast Cancer Awareness month
- Gaining some ground
- Football is in the air in central Maine – from youth to an old rivalry
- 2018 Senior Bulldogs girls soccer players
- Local students on dean’s list at Dean College