The Waterville Area Art Society (WAAS) is now accepting applications for its annual $500 scholarship award to be given to a graduating high school senior who pursues a degree in visual arts, performing arts or music. It is open to students from the following schools: Waterville, Winslow, Lawrence, Messalonskee, Erskine Academy, Snow Pond Arts Academy and Mid-Maine Technical Center.
Information has been sent to guidance departments asking for nominations. Information requested includes: student contact information; teacher recommendation; the student’s artistic ability and need; and three photos or video clips of student work. These can be submitted by mail to Waterville Area Art Society (WAAS) PO Box 2703, Waterville, ME 04903-2703) or digitally to email@example.com. Nominations must be submitted by May 1, 2019.
Previous winners and former applicants are also eligible to apply again, with a former high school or college teacher’s nomination and materials.
To receive further information, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Mary Morrison at 207-872-5843.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Singing group celebrates 30 years
- The 2020 census comes to central Maine
- Harvest Bucks bring Bonus Veggies
- BBBS introduces new board member
- Charlie & Son raises $2,200 for Children’s Miracle Network
- United Way of Mid-Maine’s annual Stuff the Bus event a great success
- Mid-Maine Chamber gift checks
- KBH announces college scholarship recipients
- Mid-Maine Chamber welcomes new marketing director
- Area Scouts hold service to camp camporee