Alex Stewart, of Troop #479, in China, used his Eagle Project to give something back to his elementary school. He collaborated with Jonathan Stonier, director of buildings and grounds for the Augusta School Department, to build a covered outdoor area in an under-utilized space near the school. He received assistance from adult leaders and older scouts as well as Custodian Brian Bolstridge the first two days of construction. He also received help from the younger scouts on the third day to spruce up the grounds around the project with mulch, landscape rocks, and several flower beds. He hopes the teachers and students will be able to use the structure as an outdoor learning station.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Bar Harbor Bank to acquire 8 bank branches in central Maine
- Misha Littlefield earns Eagle Scout status
- China CEO Mitnik moves on with regret and pleasure
- Seeking parents help to provide bus to Cony
- KHS to present Midcoast Maine in World War II
- Bridge loan money available to China businesses; applications available at town office
- Lake Association Annual Meetings 2019
- Three Mile Pond pilot project aims to replicate successes of China LakeSmart
- An inside look at local volunteer fire departments
- China School’s Forest day camps and family forest activities (Summer 2019)