In early May, Bar Harbor Bank and Trust presented a gift of $4,500 to Junior Achievement of Maine as part of BHBT’s Casual for a Cause. BHBT employees selected JA based on the passion and dedication JA commits to inspiring Maine students to build strong financial futures through mentor led programming. JMG at China Middle School gets great benefit from partnerships with JA and BHBT. JA offers valuable programming that provides students the necessary foundation to plan for long term academic and financial success. Through activities and projects, facilitated by a community volunteer, students learn critical employability and financial skills. JMG students in grades 7/8 at China Middle School have experienced JA programs, “It’s My Future, Economics for Success and It’s My Business.”
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- China School’s Forest day camps and family forest activities (Summer 2019)
- Erskine announces 2019 Renaissance Awards
- Youth Conservation Corp helping to Protect China Lake Water Quality
- Have you requested your LakeSmart visit yet?
- Oak Grove Foundation grant enables work at China School’s Forest
- Second Saturdays Litter Clean-Up begins July 13
- China’s Lydia Gilman takes home a Young Stars of Maine award
- Celebrating high school graduation
- Local athlete gathers more accolades
- China students at state house