Share the Road with Carol is an all ages commemorative bike ride planned for October 1, 2017, in Windsor and Whitefield, Maine. The ride, which has 12-mile and 27-mile options, starts and ends at the Windsor Town Office.
This ride will honor the memory of Carol Eckert, M.D. Carol was tragically killed as a result of a bike accident that occurred in Windsor on October 10, 2016. Biking was Carol’s passion and we invite everyone who feels the same to join us in remembrance of a life well pedaled and to further the cause of bicycle safety in Maine. Register online (https://www.BikeReg.com/share-the-road-with-carol) or at the event beginning at 8 a.m. This ride is not a fundraiser.
There will be one rest stop on the 27-mile ride. Please join us after the ride at the Windsor Town Hall for fellowship, remembrances and light snacks.
Whether you knew Carol or not, this ride is a wonderful opportunity to explore the lovely rolling hills along the border of the Kennebec and Lincoln Counties.
Like us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/groups/CarolsRide
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Grappling tourney held as veterans tribute
- Vassalboro’s Jobs for Maine Graduates (JMG Program) does it again!
- Skowhegan girl sings anthem at bridge dedication
- Veterans Day observed locally
- New Leos inducted at Erskine Academy
- Pittston 8th grader chosen STAR student at Maine Connections Academy
- Waterville’s Earl Smith publishes new book
- Rabies clinic benefits food pantry
- Two local World War II Navy veterans remember
- Like it was yesterday