The China Lake Association has announced that Tony and Nancy Bolyn, of China, received the LakeSmart Award for their lake front property. They have trees, shrubs and ground cover near the water front that act as a buffer to protect the lake from phosphorous entering during rain events. There are shrubs and mulch around the perimeter of their house to help absorb any rain coming off the roof. LakeSmart volunteers are able to visit property owners to give ideas of how they can protect the lake on their property. A volunteer can be reached at email@example.com or by calling Marie Michaud at 207-242-0240.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Erskine Academy bus route schedule for 2018-19 school year
- Selectmen approve new schedule at transfer station
- Groundbreaking for new South China Library
- 2018 China Community Days: Program of Events
- Invasive plant patrol workshop on China Lake
- China throws retirement party for town manager
- LakeSmart on China Lake now ready for inspections
- Gifted Sisters
- Public invited to China Town Manager’s retirement party
- Several day camps to be offered at China School Forest this summer