The Waterville Alfonds Cal Ripken baseball champions finished with an undefeated 11-0-1 record after defeating Winslow Ward Electric in a game played at Maine’s Fenway Park on June 5. Front row, from left to right, Joel Retamozza, Eli Kerr, Gabriel Pouland, Cooper Tardif and Sean Walsh. Back, Coach Wayne Gendreau, Garrett Gendreau, Corbin Anderson, Logan Dodge, Coach Brian Bellows, Justan Hunter, Camden Brown and coach Ken Walsh.
Photo by Tawni Lively, Central Maine Photography staff
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- 13th Annual Football Camp
- 8th annual Battle for Breast Cancer tourney raises over $34,000
- Local martial arts students claim title belts
- Waterville hosts regional Cal Ripken tourney
- Young martial artists have their day at Battle of Maine
- Erskine girls team national winner
- Winslow’s Wildes wins multiple awards
- Enjoying homecoming
- Local strongman competitors do well in Connecticut meet
- Local boys take top prize at karate tournament