by Mary Grow
At their Sept. 5 meeting, Vassalboro Planning Board members used their revised shoreland zoning ordinance for the second time since the June town meeting, approving an application to enlarge a camp at 138 Park Lane on Three Mile Pond.
Donald and Linda Lathrop got approval at the board’s August meeting to put a roof over an entrance. At the time, Codes Officer Richard Dolby told them they are now allowed a 15 percent expansion, in addition to the previous expansion in 2006.
The Lathrops therefore applied to add a screened porch to the side of the camp.
Board members found the proposed 218-square-foot expansion met the 15 percent limit and did not extend any closer to the high-water mark and unanimously approved the project.
- Vassalboro: Residents hear update on ARI from speakers
- Vassalboro selectmen’s meeting canceled; rescheduled to December 14
- Garage expansion OK’d by Vassalboro planners
- Vassalboro: Bad idea becomes good idea to school board members
- VASSALBORO: Selectmen OK talks with potential subdivision buyer
- Vassalboro: Garage expansion, doggie day care approved by planners
- Vassalboro: Melrose wins three-way race for vacant seat
- CHINA: Belanger, MacFarland, Mills-Stevens win seats
- Three candidates vie for vacant selectman’s seat in Vassalboro
- Vassalboro Junkyard/hobbyist permits granted by selectmen