On Tuesday, January 15, the Central Maine Square Dance Club of Watervillle will host an open house at their weekly workshop for the purpose of attracting new students for their beginner lessons of square dancing.
The club looks forward to doing this at this time of year because they know that the holidays are over and people are now looking for something to do. It’s an opportunity to get out of the house for a couple hours a week, do something fun and rewarding, meet new people, and get a little exercise at the same time.
Club president Bob Brown, of Newport, says it’s all very casual and low key. An evening of learning to square dance with your spouse, partner, or best friend is just what the doctor ordered. Getting another couple or two to join you only adds to the fun.
This night along with the following Tuesday night will be free for beginners and after that the cost is $5 per person per lesson. Much less than the cost of going to the movies. Also, due to the season everything is weather permitting. So, for more info, call Bob @ 447-0094 or Cindy @ 631-8816.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Area residents graduate from Colby College
- Unity College 2019 graduates: Be prepared for change
- Pfeiffer: School budget no impact on local taxes
- MaineGeneral receives “A” safety grade
- Following the path of foster care youth program
- Cal Ripken baseball opener
- Maine-ly Harmony installs new officers
- Theresa Gagne celebrates 100th birthday with family
- Putt 4 Cass slated for May 18
- Thompson inducted in Sigma Beta Delta Honor Society