Just in the nick of time – South China Library has added many new books for your winter reading. Here is a sampling of new materials received.
The newest books by David Baldacci, James Patterson, Sandra Brown, Tess Gerritsen, John Grisham, Stephen King and Jan Karon, to name just a few popular authors, are now available. Our collection of large print books grows with every order. Fairyland, by Danielle Steel, and Any Dream Will Do, by Debbie Macomber, were among those purchased in this order.
For young adults – or for anyone – new additions include The Ship of the Dead, by Rick Riordan, and Turtles All the Way Down, by John Green.
We have added new books for children of all ages. Check out the beautiful picture book Red and Lulu, by Maine resident Matt Taveres, or the newest installment in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, The Getaway.
Don’t forget we also carry movies and have added the acclaimed series The Vietnam War, by Ken Burns, The Zookeeper’s Wife, and Beauty and the Beast. New audiobooks, so pleasant to enjoy during a long drive, include Enigma, by Catherine Coulter, and The Other Alcott, by Elise Hooper.
As for Fire and Fury, it has been ordered. Due to the demand, it may be a few weeks before we receive it. We have so much packed into our library! Treat yourself to time browsing at the library and selecting movies, books and audiobooks for relaxing winter moments. Hours: Wednesday, 10 a.m. – noon and 3 – 7 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m .
- China Post Office food drive a success
- China for a Lifetime Committee official 2017 survey results
- CHINA: Thurston Park committee to sponsor photo contest
- China filmmaker to present documentary on Kosovo with “A Cup of Sugar” at Railroad Square Cinema
- The Walk To End Hunger 2018 a great success
- Dr. Barnhart speaks at Albert Church Brown Memorial Library
- How local officials are making our schools safe again
- China Democratic Committee observes Earth Day Sunday, April 22, 2018
- Erskine Academy presents Renaissance awards
- Erskine alumni Red Sox trip planned