by Mary Grow
China Planning Board members unanimously approved the only application on their Sept. 26 agenda, giving Randy Pottle permission to open a two-chair beauty salon in part of an existing garage at 650 Route 3. Approval comes with two conditions, both of which Pottle said he will meet: the wall separating the beauty salon from the garage must meet the state fire code, and the septic system is to be upgraded.
Pottle told board members there are no residences close enough to the building for people to be disturbed by the minimal changes the project will create, like slightly increased traffic.
In other business, board members and Codes Officer Paul Mitnik briefly continued their ongoing discussions of potential ordinance amendments and board procedures, but with only three board members present, they postponed decisions.
The next planning board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday evening, Oct. 10.
- CHINA: Planners revert to old method for reviewing conditional use applications
- Glowa announces run for state Senate seat
- China selectmen hold annual vision session: take no action
- Fire departments dominate China selectmen’s meeting
- CHINA: TIF members postpone action on six items
- Emergency services discussed by China residents; MacFarland elected board chairman
- CHINA: Belanger, MacFarland, Mills-Stevens win seats
- Planning board continues review of definitions
- China voters to decide RSU #18 bond issue
- China town officials honor retiring selectboard member Joann Austin