On April 27, amidst the rain, the China team representing the Food Pantry volunteers, took part in the Feed Me 5K Walk to End Hunger, in Augusta. This annual event was organized by the Maine State Credit Union and involved charitable groups in central Maine. Each walker raised sponsorship donations which will be combined with fundraising efforts of the Maine State Credit Union and returned to that organization next spring. This year the China team raised $620. Last year the China Pantry’s portion was three times the amount they raised in sponsorship money. Thanks to all sponsors and the staff at the Maine State Credit Union for the hard work and caring shown to the community.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Garand joins local BHBT team
- China food pantry receives donation
- Mud season arrived on time; with a glimpse of summer
- China’s Dylan Presby given prestigious male sportsmanship award at Newbury College
- China scout achieves rank of Eagle Scout
- Renaissance awards at Erskine
- Announcing The Town Line’s 2019 ice out contest winner
- Egg decorating at China Village Library
- JMG students help at 2019 China town meeting
- Talking Trash: Happy springtime China and Palermo residents