On February 4, Boy Scout Sunday, the Boy Scouts from Troop #479, along with some of their leaders, provided the Morning Worship Service at the China Baptist Church. The Scouts, under the leadership of Scoutmaster Scott Adams, have taken part in Scout Sunday Worship service for the last 26 years. Very few Boy Scout troops in the Kennebec Valley District are provided this opportunity.
The Scouts from Troop #479 were invited to prepare some of the worship service by Rev. Ronald Morrell. Under Rev. Morrell’s direction and with assistance from the Troop Chaplain Aide, Scout Rémy Pettengill and committee member Ron Emery, the worship service gave each of the Scouts a chance to participate in the Sunday Morning Worship, as follows:
Call to Worship by Scout Aiden Pettengill;
Invocation by Galen Neal;
Responsive Reading – The Scout Law by Scout Alex Stewart;
Preparation for Prayer by Tucker Leonard;
Pastoral Prayer by Scout Nivek Boostedt;
Children’s Sermon – Who was Robert Baden-Powell? – by Leader Ron Emery;
The Scout Beatitudes by Scout Hunter Praul;
Prayer of Thanksgiving and Dedication by Scout Sam Boynton;
Reading “When You Walk Through the Woods” by Scout Rémy Pettengill;
Gifts of the People (Offering) by Scouts Rémy Pettengill, Roger Files, Ayden Newell, and Andrew Weymouth;
Benediction by Scout Michael Boostedt.
The 12th point of the Scout law, a Scout is Reverent, was exemplified by the Scouts.
A large congregation including boys and leaders in uniforms enjoyed the Sunday service. The China Baptist Church sponsors Boy Scout Troop #479.
Fellowship Hour was hosted by Troop #479 in the vestry.
- Maine Maple Sunday on tap March 25
- CHINA: Central Church to open in May in old Fairpoint building
- Thank you for found dog
- Opiates in Central Maine: The Problem of Pain
- Pauleys’ to present organ concert
- Author’s Tea with K.F. Griffin at Grace Academy in South China
- Exploring Nature Club Opportunities in China
- Fun day scheduled in China for February
- China Bicentennial Celebration on Monday, February 5 at 5 p.m.
- Durant to represent Grace Academy at poetry regionals on Feb. 12