On February 4, Boy Scout Sunday, the Boy Scouts from Troop #479, along with some of their leaders, provided the Morning Worship Service at the China Baptist Church. The Scouts, under the leadership of Scoutmaster Scott Adams, have taken part in Scout Sunday Worship service for the last 26 years. Very few Boy Scout troops in the Kennebec Valley District are provided this opportunity.
The Scouts from Troop #479 were invited to prepare some of the worship service by Rev. Ronald Morrell. Under Rev. Morrell’s direction and with assistance from the Troop Chaplain Aide, Scout Rémy Pettengill and committee member Ron Emery, the worship service gave each of the Scouts a chance to participate in the Sunday Morning Worship, as follows:
Call to Worship by Scout Aiden Pettengill;
Invocation by Galen Neal;
Responsive Reading – The Scout Law by Scout Alex Stewart;
Preparation for Prayer by Tucker Leonard;
Pastoral Prayer by Scout Nivek Boostedt;
Children’s Sermon – Who was Robert Baden-Powell? – by Leader Ron Emery;
The Scout Beatitudes by Scout Hunter Praul;
Prayer of Thanksgiving and Dedication by Scout Sam Boynton;
Reading “When You Walk Through the Woods” by Scout Rémy Pettengill;
Gifts of the People (Offering) by Scouts Rémy Pettengill, Roger Files, Ayden Newell, and Andrew Weymouth;
Benediction by Scout Michael Boostedt.
The 12th point of the Scout law, a Scout is Reverent, was exemplified by the Scouts.
A large congregation including boys and leaders in uniforms enjoyed the Sunday service. The China Baptist Church sponsors Boy Scout Troop #479.
Fellowship Hour was hosted by Troop #479 in the vestry.
- China Post Office food drive a success
- China for a Lifetime Committee official 2017 survey results
- CHINA: Thurston Park committee to sponsor photo contest
- China filmmaker to present documentary on Kosovo with “A Cup of Sugar” at Railroad Square Cinema
- The Walk To End Hunger 2018 a great success
- Dr. Barnhart speaks at Albert Church Brown Memorial Library
- How local officials are making our schools safe again
- China Democratic Committee observes Earth Day Sunday, April 22, 2018
- Erskine Academy presents Renaissance awards
- Erskine alumni Red Sox trip planned