China’s Thurston Park Committee is sponsoring a photo contest, with winning pictures to be turned into a 2019 calendar featuring “photos that best illustrate the beauty, history, and character of China’s amazing recreational destination.”
All pictures entered must be taken in the park in northeastern China. Photographers are welcome to submit pictures of flowers, trees, seasonal phenomena, historic artifacts and other natural and man-made features, wildlife and people engaged in recreational activities. Photos cannot be touched up or have filters added. They must be horizontally oriented.
Photos should be in the form of high-resolution images digitally sent to email@example.com or on a CD that can be left at the China town office on Lakeview Drive. Accompanying each entry should be the photographer’s name, address and phone number; the date the picture was taken; what category it is entered in (landscapes, flora/fauna, people/pets, activities); and the names of any people shown with proof they have given permission for use of the photo.
The deadline for submissions is May 31. Photos will not be returned. By submitting his or her photo(s), the photographer gives the Thurston Park Committee “full and exclusive rights to print the photo in Thurston Park literature and electronic media and without further obligation to the photographer or those people who have their persons, property or items pictured.”
In addition to a calendar appearance, the committee offers a grand prize for the best photo, which becomes the cover picture, and prizes for the best photo in each of the four categories.
Winners will be announced, prizes awarded and calendars on sale at the 2018 China Community Days celebration.
People who need more information about the contest are invited to call Thurston Park Committee Chairman Jeanette Smith at 968-5016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- China Post Office food drive a success
- China for a Lifetime Committee official 2017 survey results
- China filmmaker to present documentary on Kosovo with “A Cup of Sugar” at Railroad Square Cinema
- The Walk To End Hunger 2018 a great success
- Dr. Barnhart speaks at Albert Church Brown Memorial Library
- How local officials are making our schools safe again
- China Democratic Committee observes Earth Day Sunday, April 22, 2018
- Erskine Academy presents Renaissance awards
- Erskine alumni Red Sox trip planned
- China Transfer Station coordinator: Volunteers needed for Earth Day cleanup on April 21