The China Tax Increment Finance Committee will hold its regular meeting on Monday, May 7, at 6:30 p.m., in the China Town Office.
The public information session will be a review of progress on current initiatives:
- Bridge replacement and the Causeway Road, by Tom Michaud, Jim Wilkens and Frank Soares.
- Phase I, bridge replacement, with Joe McLean from Wright-Pierce.
- Phase II, other site improvements and the need to proceed (parking enhancements, waterfront configuration, boat ramp, and permitting. Phase III, additional parking considerations.
There will also be a revolving loan fund program update, and presentations on the China for Lifetime Committee, with chairman Christopher Hahn, Alewive Restoration Initiative with Landis Hudson.
Other items at the meeting will include China Lake access, China Forest Trails/Project Learning Tree, Four Seasons Events building.
Finally there will be applications to the TIF Committee for consideration of funding from the TIF resource.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- China special meeting needed to settle final fiscal bills
- China bridge contract awarded to local contractor
- Road work scheduled in China
- Robbery at Bar Harbor Bank & Trust in South China
- China town manager retires after 22 years service
- China selectmen revisit fire pond issue
- China resident sworn in as new state police chief
- China TIF committee reports little progress
- China selectmen decide to fill the controversial fire pond
- China dedicates bicentennial monument