by Irene Belanger
Thank you for your continued support of all the transfer station initiatives to “hold the line” on expenses! Once again April brings all of Palermo and China residents outside into warm spring days armed with rakes, large trash bags, and gloves to clean lawns and roadsides of winter debris. Volunteers are needed; April 21 is Earth Day and we will be cleaning roadsides of trash and other debris. Thank you to the Goodine Family and to the Boy Scout Troop #479 for their past years of volunteerism. Please call me to volunteer so that we can plan accordingly. If there is any confusion, please meet at the South China Community Church or China Baptist Church between 8:30 and 9 a.m. on Saturday, April 21, to be assigned roads for clean-up. We will provide trash bags and gloves and bottles of water for hydration. You may take the full bags to the China transfer station directly or call 445-3033 to have the trash bags picked up or other heavy items left on the roadsides.
Drug Take-Back Day for China and Palermo residents is scheduled for Saturday, April 28, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The Kennebec Sheriff’s Office will again sponsor the event at the transfer station. The KSO will have an officer on site to receive the returned medications. This is a good opportunity to remove unneeded medications out of the hands of those who should not have access to them.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Four Seasons Club receives unexpected gift
- PALERMO: Window Dressers volunteers to provide demonstration
- China scouts officiate at morning worship
- Becky Hapgood honored for 25 years service to China
- The goat farmer who grabs life by the horns
- 2019 Real estate tax schedule
- Davis, Nicholson named chairman, vice chairman of Northern Light Inland Hospital board of directors
- Fundraiser planned for Jacob Seigars
- Erskine tops school spirit challenge, again
- Dinner and a movie returns to Palermo Community Center