Student musicians and actors from Colby College, in Waterville, performed at Jazz at Lincoln Center on December 6 as part of the college’s New York campaign launch celebration.
Kaylee Pomelow, of Canaan, was part of a group that performed selections from Lost With You for alumni and friends of the college at the event.
Emily Goulette, of Oakland, was part of a group that performed selections from Lost With You for alumni and friends of the college at the event.
Lost With You is a musical written and produced by students that was workshopped with Broadway professionals last January at New York’s Ripley-Grier Studios.
The student performance was part of a larger New York event that included a lighting of the Empire State Building in “Colby Blue” and an appearance at the Nasdaq Stock Market by Colby’s President David A. Greene.
Dubbed “Dare Northward” to reflect the bold and unprecedented nature of the initiatives and priorities it will support, the $750-million campaign will make it possible for Colby to introduce transformational programs, build on already strong academic programs, improve access to a Colby education for deserving students from around the globe, and provide outstanding new facilities that support a multidisciplinary approach to learning and connect the college to the community beyond its campus.
- Mount Merici Academy first trimester high honors
- Central Maine Squares to hold Toyland Dance
- ‘Parade of Lights’ kicks off Christmas season
- Waterville veterans day parade
- Season ski passes available for Quarry Road Trails
- Waterville ‘Parade of Lights’ set for Nov. 24
- Educators help to provide necessities for needy
- Area Students Enroll at Colby College Class of 2021
- Squares to meet in Waterville
- Hathaway Mill Antiques Grand Opening Celebrations in Waterville