To The Town Line:
Please pay attention when checking out of a supermarket. I have had two occasions when I should have paid more attention. Because they try to get by with the minimal number of baggers, that, in my opinion, is what caused the problem. Back in December I was at Hannaford at JFK Mall, in Waterville. The checkout cashier began to process my groceries before the person in front of me had their bags filled and placed in the cart. When I arrived home, I had five items – that I had paid for – missing from my shopping bags. The store, to their credit, replaced all the items with no questions asked, but I had the inconvenience of having to return to the store.
This past weekend, again at the same store, the cashier started processing the items of the woman behind me before the bagger was finished with my order. Upon arriving home, I noticed two items in my bags that I had not picked up nor paid for. I’m sure upon arriving home, that woman realized she had two items missing. I know exactly how she felt. So, my word of advice: watch the baggers and the cashier when checking out.
Had some good or bad experiences? Good service? Concerns? Share them with your neighbors. Send your comments to email@example.com, for consideration.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Letters to the editor: Kudos to China voters
- Letters to the editor: Hunting times need change
- Letters to the Editor: Please don’t allow CMP corridor
- Letters to the Editor: Transfer station explanation
- Letters to the Editor: Others need to pitch in
- Letters to the Editor: Re-paving and closing early a waste
- Letters to the editor: Never ending detours
- Letters to the Editor: Thanks supporters
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Important vote coming Saturday in Somerville
- Letters to the Editor: Support Alna’s citizens