David Mejia became an Emergency Medical Technician in 1998 in Brooksville, Florida. He attended Pasco Hernando Community College graduating in 1999 with an associate’s degree in EMS. During his education, he worked for MedFleet Ambulance, as a technician at Bayonet Point’s Emergency Department and for Polk County EMS, a busy 911-provider.
In 2003 David joined Nature Coast EMS where he could combine his dual passions of Emergency Medical Services and educating others. His desire to share his knowledge and experience with others led him to become one of the busiest instructors at Nature Coast.
David was involved in the creation of the Nature Coast EMS Explorer Post 605 where he was the lead advisor and mentored 14-20 year old coeds.
David was as an adjunct instructor for Nature Coast EMS in their EMT and Paramedic Program and also taught at Keiser Career College
In his 19-year career, he has been the recipient of various awards, including the National American Ambulance Association Star of Life, Explorer Advisor of the year and VFW Citrus County, and Florida EMT/Paramedic of the Year. While working for Keiser Career College, David received the Instructor of Distinction award.
David moved to Maine in 2012 and found a home at Delta Ambulance. He is excited to fulfill his new role as Director of Education and continue his passion of EMS and education.
- PALERMO: Meet the Author series
- Barbershop chorus elects officers
- PALERMO: Order Vidalia Onions Now
- Racing Extinction in Palermo on April 28
- UNITY NEWS: Bird Walk planned
- Waterville News: LaLiberty named to Waterville Creates! board
- CHINA NEWS: Two local questions on China ballot in June
- Vassalboro News: Budget workers frustrated over state’s lack of action
- Ice Out on China Lake
- Local scout troop conducts food drive