The University of Vermont Biology Department, in Burlington, Vermont, presented Delaney Curran, of Skowhegan, with the George M. Happ Award during the May 18 College of Arts and Sciences Awards Ceremony.
This award is presented to a student with outstanding academic performance and excellence in research in biology. Dr. Happ arrived at the University of Vermont as a professor and chairman of the Department of Zoology in 1978. He was instrumental in transforming the faculty to a teacher-scholar model and prioritized obtaining funding to stimulate research.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Elizabeth Jones named to Emory & Henry College’s dean’s list
- Dakota Bragg named Presidential Scholar at Clarkson University
- Carrabec High School 2018-’19 second quarter honors
- Nine area students on University of New Hampshire’s dean’s list
- Students named to the University of Vermont dean’s list
- Local students named to fall dean’s list at Stonehill College
- SNHU announces fall 2018 president’s list
- Coulombe named to dean’s list at Becker College
- Erskine Academy first trimester honor roll 2017-18