The University of Vermont Biology Department, in Burlington, Vermont, presented Delaney Curran, of Skowhegan, with the George M. Happ Award during the May 18 College of Arts and Sciences Awards Ceremony.
This award is presented to a student with outstanding academic performance and excellence in research in biology. Dr. Happ arrived at the University of Vermont as a professor and chairman of the Department of Zoology in 1978. He was instrumental in transforming the faculty to a teacher-scholar model and prioritized obtaining funding to stimulate research.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Elizabeth Jones named to Emory & Henry College’s dean’s list
- Dakota Bragg named Presidential Scholar at Clarkson University
- Anne Guadalupi named to Assumption College spring 2018 dean’s list
- Beverage enrolls at Eastern Connecticut
- Central Maine Photography-sponsored Fairfield PAL soccer team
- Lawrence boys soccer team shows support during National Breast Cancer Awareness month
- Kaitlynn Pelletier graduates from Lebanon Valley College
- Trying to get away
- Gaining some ground
- Gordon graduates at the University of Minnesota Crookston