On April 22, the Albert Church Brown Memorial Library, in China Village, hosted Dr. Louisa Barnhart who spoke to a full room of participants and showed pictures and videos of her three month trip to Southeast Asia with her husband, Michael Klein. Their travels included Bhutan, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Dr. Barnhart described the visit to Bhutan in detail with pictures and videos. There were dances with elaborate costumes and masks that illustrated the mythology of their culture. Then she described numerous adventures in other cultures, including changes she experienced from travel 35 years ago.
A display of the textiles, masks used in celebrations, and samples of various foods and drinks representing the area. Participants were able to taste the foods and drinks and get acquainted with some items that Dr. Barnhart brought back from Southeast Asia.
- China Post Office food drive a success
- China for a Lifetime Committee official 2017 survey results
- CHINA: Thurston Park committee to sponsor photo contest
- China filmmaker to present documentary on Kosovo with “A Cup of Sugar” at Railroad Square Cinema
- The Walk To End Hunger 2018 a great success
- How local officials are making our schools safe again
- China Democratic Committee observes Earth Day Sunday, April 22, 2018
- Erskine Academy presents Renaissance awards
- Erskine alumni Red Sox trip planned
- China Transfer Station coordinator: Volunteers needed for Earth Day cleanup on April 21