On Saturday, October 21, Ducks Unlimited Kennebec Valley Chapter will host its annual fundraiser. The festivities will kick off at 5:30 p.m. with a dinner at 7 p.m., at Le Club Calumet, on West River Road, in Augusta. Tickets are available by contacting Barry Mower at 207-623-2758 or George Diplock at 207-623-2947.
Raffles, live and silent auctions will go on all night with multiple gun raffles all to be drawn that night. Collectible artwork, decoys, sculpture, and waterfowl-related items will be offered as well as the works of many local artists.
“We like to see new faces at our events along with many current members,” said DU’s Senior Regional Director Bill Brown. “This particular chapter was ranked among the top 5 in the state of Maine in 2016 and really knows how to host a banquet. It’s a great place for the general public to learn about the conservation work Ducks Unlimited conducts (not only in the U.S., but also in Canada and Mexico) while mingling with a great group of people.”
- Anne Guadalupi one of 60 students inducted into Assumption College honors program
- Guadalupi named to the Assumption College women’s cross country team
- Petersen earns degree from University of Vermont
- Kennebec Historical society monthly meeting
- Volunteer from Augusta brings water to Palermo gardens
- Gingras selected for Religious Studies Honorary Society
- Lasell College names Augusta resident to dean’s list
- Area observances of Memorial Day
- Hayward inducted into Spanish National Honor Society
- Local law enforcement honors those fallen in the line of duty