On Saturday, October 21, Ducks Unlimited Kennebec Valley Chapter will host its annual fundraiser. The festivities will kick off at 5:30 p.m. with a dinner at 7 p.m., at Le Club Calumet, on West River Road, in Augusta. Tickets are available by contacting Barry Mower at 207-623-2758 or George Diplock at 207-623-2947.
Raffles, live and silent auctions will go on all night with multiple gun raffles all to be drawn that night. Collectible artwork, decoys, sculpture, and waterfowl-related items will be offered as well as the works of many local artists.
“We like to see new faces at our events along with many current members,” said DU’s Senior Regional Director Bill Brown. “This particular chapter was ranked among the top 5 in the state of Maine in 2016 and really knows how to host a banquet. It’s a great place for the general public to learn about the conservation work Ducks Unlimited conducts (not only in the U.S., but also in Canada and Mexico) while mingling with a great group of people.”
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Michelle Boyer inducted in Whitefield Lions
- KHS to present story of family’s life in a lighthouse
- Kennebec Historical Society to present “A History of Camp Keyes”
- Kennebec Historical Society Holds Annual Victorian Tea
- St. Michael School students distribute over 200 baskets to community members in need
- Kennebec Historical Society’s September public presentation: “Maine in World War I”
- Augusta’s Lincoln School benefits from Eagle Scout project
- Four new CNAs ready for area nursing home staffing
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute announces fall 2017 dean’s list
- Caron, Franks on dean’s list at Castleton University spring 2018