Catherine Durant, of China, who won first place in Grace Academy’s school-wide Poetry Out Loud competition, will be representing the school at the regional compettion on February 12 at the Hampden Academy Performing Arts Center, in Hampden. Poetry Out Loud, created in 2006, is a partnership among the National Endowment for the Arts, the Poetry Foundation, and the Maine Arts Commission to encourage our youth to learn about great poetry through memorization and performance. She is the daughter of Scott and Lisa Durant, of China.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- 2019 Real estate tax schedule
- Davis, Nicholson named chairman, vice chairman of Northern Light Inland Hospital board of directors
- Erskine tops school spirit challenge, again
- Attendance matters at China Middle School
- China Masons host celebration
- Erskine presents Renaissance awards 2018
- Emery recognized for 50-years service to local Masons
- PAGES IN TIME: The story of Killdeer Lodge – conclusion
- Nivek Boostedt earns Eagle Scout rank
- Bar Harbor Bank & Trust announces toy drive