On April 7, the China Village (ACB) Library hosted a Ukrainian Easter Egg Decorating Workshop with local artist and instructor Lesia Sochor. Using a special tool called “Kistka,” a candle flame, beeswax and dyes, adults and children alike enjoyed learning the ancient craft and made colorful and original decorated eggs to bring home. The library schedules a diverse assortment of monthly events at the library for all who are interested as part of its community and cultural events program. All of the library’s programs are free and everyone is welcome.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Bridge loan money available to China businesses; applications available at town office
- Lake Association Annual Meetings 2019
- Three Mile Pond pilot project aims to replicate successes of China LakeSmart
- An inside look at local volunteer fire departments
- China School’s Forest day camps and family forest activities (Summer 2019)
- Erskine announces 2019 Renaissance Awards
- Youth Conservation Corp helping to Protect China Lake Water Quality
- Have you requested your LakeSmart visit yet?
- Oak Grove Foundation grant enables work at China School’s Forest
- Second Saturdays Litter Clean-Up begins July 13