The Erskine Academy Varsity girl’s basketball team recently participated in, and ultimately won, the National High School 3-point Challenge which is part of the Coaches vs. Cancer program. On February 13, Coach Donar was presented with a mock check to represent the funds raised for this event.
A letter from from Brian Casalinova, Northeast Region of the American Cancer Society, Inc., to the school, read:
“I am proud and thrilled to be reaching out to congratulate Erskine Academy on winning the National High School 3-Point Challenge! You, your girls and the Erskine community really did something pretty special over these past 30 days! Congratulations! You competed against over 330 other schools across the country, many of them more than four times the size of Erskine Academy, and you crushed it! Way to go! Everyone at the American Cancer Society is so impressed with what you accomplished and we have been celebrating your victory in our Topsham office all day! In my five years of overseeing the Coaches vs Cancer program in New England, no single school has raised more funds in one season that you and your girls this January! Thank you!
“Mitch, I know that you have been recently hit hard by this terrible disease. Please know that you made a significant difference in the fight against cancer! Thank you for helping us deliver on our mission to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the world in the fight to end cancer!”
- Bulldog pride 2018
- Scrapbooking workshop at Erskine Academy
- Huard’s Karate team member tops in New England
- Winslow Girls KVAC champions
- Erskine Academy to host 8th grade open house
- Erskine class of 2018 to hold 5K in April
- Graicen earns first competition pin
- Erskine to hold parent/teacher conferences
- Erskine Academy’s Winter Concert scheduled for December 20, 2017
- Winslow’s Wildes wins multiple awards