The Erskine Academy Varsity girl’s basketball team recently participated in, and ultimately won, the National High School 3-point Challenge which is part of the Coaches vs. Cancer program. On February 13, Coach Donar was presented with a mock check to represent the funds raised for this event.
A letter from from Brian Casalinova, Northeast Region of the American Cancer Society, Inc., to the school, read:
“I am proud and thrilled to be reaching out to congratulate Erskine Academy on winning the National High School 3-Point Challenge! You, your girls and the Erskine community really did something pretty special over these past 30 days! Congratulations! You competed against over 330 other schools across the country, many of them more than four times the size of Erskine Academy, and you crushed it! Way to go! Everyone at the American Cancer Society is so impressed with what you accomplished and we have been celebrating your victory in our Topsham office all day! In my five years of overseeing the Coaches vs Cancer program in New England, no single school has raised more funds in one season that you and your girls this January! Thank you!
“Mitch, I know that you have been recently hit hard by this terrible disease. Please know that you made a significant difference in the fight against cancer! Thank you for helping us deliver on our mission to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the world in the fight to end cancer!”
- Erskine girls team national winner
- Erskine announces class of 2018 Top 10 Seniors
- How local officials are making our schools safe again
- Erskine Academy releases 2018 second trimester honor roll
- Erskine to hold benefit concert
- Erskine Academy presents Renaissance awards
- Erskine alumni Red Sox trip planned
- Young martial artists have their day at Battle of Maine
- Erskine Academy announces school calendar change
- Tyler receives MPA principal’s award at Erskine