Erskine Academy, in South China, will compete in WGME 13/Fox 23’s School Spirit Challenge to benefit Good Shepherd Food Bank. The School Spirit Challenge is a friendly competition among high schools to show school pride and spirit while helping communities address hunger in Maine through a month-long food and fund drive. Although initiated by the students and faculty of Erskine Academy, the hope is that this will be a larger community cause and effort. Please join Erskine’s effort by bringing your contribution of any size—financial donations or food—to the school between September 2 and October 28, 2016. To kick off this event, WGME 13/Fox 23 will be broadcasting live from the Erskine Academy gym on Friday, September 9, from 6 – 8 a.m. Erskine Academy’s event is the first to be held in the new school year, setting the bar for others. Please contact the school at 445-2962 for more information.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- China projects to keep town crews busy
- China budget committee approves three spending measures to be on Nov. 6 ballot
- Three arrested in China car burglaries
- TIF committee continues discussion on purchase of Bailey property
- Three selectmen attend workshop with town manager
- Getting to know the China town manager
- New causeway bridge gets all local permits
- Selectmen set tax rate at 15.8 mils, down by 0.1 mils
- Report from the transfer station
- Planners approve town’s first medical marijuana storefront