Local educator and Maine Master Naturalist, Anita Smith, will be facilitating an Exploring Nature Club for children in grades 2 – 6 this spring at The China School’s Forest in China. There will be two sessions, one for homeschoolers and one for the general public. We will be learning about a variety of topics such as trees, pond/macroinvertebrate studies, mammals, adaptations and migration, life cycles, watersheds and geology with fun interactive games and activities. Sessions will be rain or shine, so children are expected to dress for outside conditions, including rain, mud, snow, insects, etc. If RSU #18 is cancelled due to weather, our session will also be cancelled.
Session 1 Homeschoolers – Mondays from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. April 9, 16, 30 and May 7, 14, 21. Parents are welcome to stay with siblings and use the trails while they are in session. Students should bring their own water bottle. Pick up and drop off will be at the dirt parking lot between China Middle & Primary Schools. Look for the dirt drive just before the wind turbine.
- Session 2 General Public – Mondays from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. April 9, 16, 30 and May 7, 14, 21. China students can stay after school and are encouraged to bring a small after school snack and water bottle. Parents will pick their children up at the Primary School at the end of the session.
Cost is $30 per child for the six session program. Checks should be made out to Anita Smith.
Enrollment is limited to 10 children. If less than 7 children enroll by April 4, the sessions will be cancelled and money will be refunded. There are no refunds given after April 4 if the child cancels. Space will be reserved once payment is received – first come, first served.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Erskine Academy bus route schedule for 2018-19 school year
- Selectmen approve new schedule at transfer station
- Groundbreaking for new South China Library
- 2018 China Community Days: Program of Events
- Invasive plant patrol workshop on China Lake
- China throws retirement party for town manager
- LakeSmart on China Lake now ready for inspections
- Gifted Sisters
- Public invited to China Town Manager’s retirement party
- Several day camps to be offered at China School Forest this summer