Local educator and Maine Master Naturalist, Anita Smith, will be facilitating an Exploring Nature Club for children in grades 2 – 6 this spring at The China School’s Forest in China. There will be two sessions, one for homeschoolers and one for the general public. We will be learning about a variety of topics such as trees, pond/macroinvertebrate studies, mammals, adaptations and migration, life cycles, watersheds and geology with fun interactive games and activities. Sessions will be rain or shine, so children are expected to dress for outside conditions, including rain, mud, snow, insects, etc. If RSU #18 is cancelled due to weather, our session will also be cancelled.
Session 1 Homeschoolers – Mondays from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. April 9, 16, 30 and May 7, 14, 21. Parents are welcome to stay with siblings and use the trails while they are in session. Students should bring their own water bottle. Pick up and drop off will be at the dirt parking lot between China Middle & Primary Schools. Look for the dirt drive just before the wind turbine.
- Session 2 General Public – Mondays from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. April 9, 16, 30 and May 7, 14, 21. China students can stay after school and are encouraged to bring a small after school snack and water bottle. Parents will pick their children up at the Primary School at the end of the session.
Cost is $30 per child for the six session program. Checks should be made out to Anita Smith.
Enrollment is limited to 10 children. If less than 7 children enroll by April 4, the sessions will be cancelled and money will be refunded. There are no refunds given after April 4 if the child cancels. Space will be reserved once payment is received – first come, first served.
- China Post Office food drive a success
- China for a Lifetime Committee official 2017 survey results
- CHINA: Thurston Park committee to sponsor photo contest
- China filmmaker to present documentary on Kosovo with “A Cup of Sugar” at Railroad Square Cinema
- The Walk To End Hunger 2018 a great success
- Dr. Barnhart speaks at Albert Church Brown Memorial Library
- How local officials are making our schools safe again
- China Democratic Committee observes Earth Day Sunday, April 22, 2018
- Erskine Academy presents Renaissance awards
- Erskine alumni Red Sox trip planned