(NAPSI)—Every day, it’s estimated, 10,000 Americans turn 65 years old. Some of these people, unfortunately, have misconceptions that can jeopardize their health. Major health myths and misconceptions regarding senior health include:
- If I feel fine, I am fine. Chronic infections can last so long that the way they feel becomes the “new normal,” when it shouldn’t be.
- Sleep isn’t important anymore. Older adults need the same seven to nine hours of sleep they did when younger.
- It’s too late to start exercising. Check with your doctor and start slowly, but there’s no reason why seniors can’t get in some exercise (even if they’ve never done it before).
- Drink water only when thirsty. You may need hydration before you even notice or before you feel like you need it.
- Dry mouth is just part of aging. Maintaining proper oral hygiene is important at any age, and especially for denture wearers who, even with no teeth, benefit from a regular oral hygiene routine specially formulated for them, rather than simply accepting poor health.
Fortunately, Cleanadent paste from Dr. B Dental Solutions is the only toothpaste available that is gentle enough to safely brush both the gums and oral appliances (such as dentures, implants, overdentures and full-arch implant bridges), helping prevent and treat dry mouth, sore spots and infections. Thanks to its special low-abrasive formula, it will not scratch, tarnish or negatively affect dentures in any way (and will actually help keep them fresh, clean, as well as stain- and odor-free). The paste is formulated with vitamins (A, D and E), aloe vera, coconut oil and tea tree oil to moisturize and revitalize the gums while removing microorganism-infested biofilm. There are no artificial flavors or colors.
Learn more at www.DrBDentalSolutions.com.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Healthy Air, Healthy Home
- FOR YOUR HEALTH – Tips For Tailgating: Add A Little Healthy Balance
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Small Moments Make a Big Difference
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Flu-Fighting Facts
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Release, Refresh, Reset
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: What To Do When The ‘Lice Letter’ Comes Home
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Americans Overwhelmingly Reject Insurers’ Efforts To Deny Patients Coverage
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Why Won’t My Ankle Sprain Heal?
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Struggling With Addiction? Tips On Finding Quality Treatment
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Ending the Tragedy of ‘Family Fire’