(NAPSI) — Presented by Carmex — If you’ll be spending time in sun-kissed climates on your next vacation, these tips can help you keep your skin, eyes and lips protected.
1. Travel like a pro: Stay moisturized while in flight. To combat notoriously dry airplane cabins, reach for a lip balm that contains cocoa butter. For example, Carmex’s Classic Original Jar can help soothe and moisturize even the most chapped lips.
2. Find some shade: Find a spot at the pool with an umbrella. You can also wear a hat with a brim all the way around that shades your face, ears and the back of your neck from the sun. Retreating from the sun’s strong rays and finding rest in the shade can help you stay protected and cool in the heat.
3. Drink plenty of water: Just like the rest of your body, your lips need nourishment. Be sure to pack a large refillable water bottle
for your trip and keep it near your beach bag so you’re more likely to drink water throughout the day.
4. Pack a lip balm with SPF: For much-needed sun protection on your lips, there’s Carmex Daily Care lip balm in a variety of delicious flavors including Fresh Cherry, Wintergreen and Strawberry. They’re all formulated with SPF 15 for sun protection and are specially designed to smooth, soothe and soften lips and restore their healthy look.
If your lips need more help, there’s the time-tested formula of Carmex Classic lip balm. Moisturizing and medicated, it’s made with camphor to provide pain relief, menthol for a cooling effect, and pure, refined white petrolatum to help protect and provide a healing environment. 5. Remember your sunglasses: Just as lips are sensitive to the sun, so are your eyes and the tender skin around your eyes. Wearing sunglasses can help keep these areas protected from the sun whether on the beach, near the pool or just spending time outdoors.
For more facts and tips, go to www.mycarmex.com.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Release, Refresh, Reset
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: What To Do When The ‘Lice Letter’ Comes Home
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Americans Overwhelmingly Reject Insurers’ Efforts To Deny Patients Coverage
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Why Won’t My Ankle Sprain Heal?
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Struggling With Addiction? Tips On Finding Quality Treatment
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Ending the Tragedy of ‘Family Fire’
- Parents Hold The Key To Reducing Underage Drinking
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Five Senior Health Myths
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Protect Your Health By Protecting Your Retirement Savings
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Is Your Sunscreen Harming The Reefs and Your Health?