Augusta Adult & Community Education announced July 30, that all members of the Spring 2018 Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) course passed the State of Maine CNA certificate exam. The four area students graduated July 17, after completing the State of Maine prescribed CNA curriculum. The 200 hours of study included nursing theory, personal care skills and 90 hours of clinical experience.
Students completing the 12-week course included: Mary Barker, Belfast; Tristin Bean, Augusta; Kayla McKenney, Vassalboro, and Amanda Sproul, Pittston.
The Tuesday evening graduation ceremony held in Augusta’s Capital Area Tech Center was attended by family members and friends. Zane Clement, Director of Augusta Adult & Community Education, welcomed guests and moderated the celebration. Isabelle Markley, RN, and clinical instructor, with the assistance of Helen Emery, presented CNA pins and flowers to each student. CNA graduate Mary Barker received the highest grade award and also gave the student address to the audience.
Applications are now being accepted for the fall CNA course. Contact Augusta Adult & Community Education at 33 Union Street, Suite 2, Augusta, ME 04330 or by telephone at (207) 626-2470.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Kennebec Historical Society to present “A History of Camp Keyes”
- Kennebec Historical Society Holds Annual Victorian Tea
- St. Michael School students distribute over 200 baskets to community members in need
- Kennebec Historical Society’s September public presentation: “Maine in World War I”
- Augusta’s Lincoln School benefits from Eagle Scout project
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute announces fall 2017 dean’s list
- Caron, Franks on dean’s list at Castleton University spring 2018
- Americans for America rally set for April 14 in Augusta
- Kennebec Historical Society’s presentation
- CSA Fair at Lithgow Public Library