Just before Christmas, the China Four Seasons Club received what turned out to be an amazing telephone call. The great guys at Power Equipment Plus started by saying, we’re going to make your day. “Oh,” we said, “and why is that?” said China Four Seasons Club President Tom Rumpf.
“You have a 2019 Polaris Ranger with tracks, insulated cab, heater, extra lights and set up to haul a drag.” Their first thought was we didn’t order that. We were then told it was due from some gracious anonymous donor who wanted to help the club.
How can someone be thanked for such a huge gift? They have since taken delivery of this fine unit and when the snow fell they began utilizing it for dragging 40-plus miles of trails. It will also be used checking trails and doing maintenance to all the trails all year round.
“We can only humbly say thank you to our anonymous donor,” said Rumpf. “And please just know we will use it for what it is intended to be used for. We plan to show it off as much as we can so you will be seeing it around town and at China Days. Again how can we thank you, anonymous donor?”
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Bar Harbor Bank to acquire 8 bank branches in central Maine
- Misha Littlefield earns Eagle Scout status
- China CEO Mitnik moves on with regret and pleasure
- Bridge loan money available to China businesses; applications available at town office
- Lake Association Annual Meetings 2019
- Three Mile Pond pilot project aims to replicate successes of China LakeSmart
- An inside look at local volunteer fire departments
- China School’s Forest day camps and family forest activities (Summer 2019)
- Erskine announces 2019 Renaissance Awards
- Youth Conservation Corp helping to Protect China Lake Water Quality