by Mary Grow
Presented with the previously-missing site plan, Vassalboro Planning Board members quickly and unanimously approved Michael Chick’s application to enlarge his garage on Burns Road, off Church Hill Road.
At their regular meeting Nov. 9, board members ruled Chick’s application incomplete because it lacked an overall plan. They scheduled a special meeting for Nov. 21 with Chick’s application the only agenda item.
Chick’s plan showed the 16-by-60-foot addition on the back of the garage. At the earlier meeting, Chick and his wife said the addition is to provide more work and storage space; they plan no changes in activity level, traffic, landscaping, lighting or anything else likely to impact neighbors or the environment.
A couple whose land adjoins Chick’s five-acre lot told board members they have no objection to his project.
- Vassalboro Selectmen to hear CEO, act on ongoing town land use violations
- Vassalboro: Planners approve new business, home
- Vassalboro: Residents hear update on ARI from speakers
- Vassalboro selectmen’s meeting canceled; rescheduled to December 14
- Vassalboro: Bad idea becomes good idea to school board members
- VASSALBORO: Selectmen OK talks with potential subdivision buyer
- Vassalboro: Garage expansion, doggie day care approved by planners
- Vassalboro: Melrose wins three-way race for vacant seat
- CHINA: Belanger, MacFarland, Mills-Stevens win seats
- Three candidates vie for vacant selectman’s seat in Vassalboro