(NAPSI)—While many strategies for “healthy aging” exist, recent evidence points to the important role of hearing health in maintaining quality of life long-term.
Better hearing starts in the brain. Your brain processes and interprets the sounds your ears receive. When you have hearing loss, your brain doesn’t get all the sound information it needs to understand what’s being said and it spends more energy trying to fill in the blanks. That extra effort can take its toll.
A study in the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society found that people with hearing loss who wear hearing aids had the same risk for age-related cognitive decline as people without hearing loss. When you actively use hearing aids, you are more likely to stay socially engaged, one of the primary ways to stimulate your brain. Like any exercise, the mental give-and-take of social interaction helps to keep your brain fit and slows down accelerated cognitive decline.
That’s the idea behind the BrainHearing™ technology built into Oticon hearing aids. With BrainHearing, Oticon hearing aids deliver sound with the clearest, purest signal possible—in the way your brain is best able to understand it.
Because this innovative technology preserves the important details in speech, your brain doesn’t have to strain to fill in the gaps. There’s less effort involved in listening. You enjoy a more natural, more effortless listening experience, anywhere, anytime so you can stay active and engaged in all that life has to offer.
For more facts, visit www.Oticon.com.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Is Your Sunscreen Harming The Reefs and Your Health?
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: How To Stop A ‘Silent Killer’
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: New Transplants Are Changing Lives
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Three Cool Ideas For A Better Night’s Rest
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Five Tips For Prescription Medication Success
- FOR YOUR HEALTH – Be The Boss Of Your Diabetes: Three Self-Management Tips
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Don’t Let Nausea Spoil Your Life
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Is LASIK Safe? Plus, Answers To Six More Questions About LASIK
- FOR YOUR HEALTH – Atrial Fibrillation: When The Heart Skips A Beat
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: What You Should Know About Heart Valve Disease