http://townline.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/TownLineBanner.jpg 0 0 Website Editor http://townline.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/TownLineBanner.jpg Website Editor2018-01-17 19:50:062018-01-17 19:50:06FOR YOUR HEALTH: How To Look Out For Your Lips This Winter
(NAPSI)—Presented by Carmex. When it’s cold outside—and hot and dry inside—your lips need extra care to stay soft and feel comfortable. Here are five helpful tips:
Lip Care Tips
1. Stay hydrated: Dry, cracked lips can be improved through hydration. Remember to drink water frequently and apply a lip balm daily to restore the moisture in your lips.
2. Read labels: For serious moisture, search for such ingredients as colloidal oatmeal and cold-pressed antioxidant-rich fruit seed oil, because they provide long-lasting moisture and help rejuvenate lips’ natural beauty. Carmex Comfort Care lip balms, which include these moisturizing ingredients, come in several delicious flavors like Sugar Plum and Mixed Berry. If you’re suffering from dry, cracked lips, look for a medicated lip balm like Carmex’s Classic Original Jar, which contains soothing ingredients like camphor to provide pain relief and menthol for a cooling effect.
3. Cover your lips from the cold: Lips can be stripped of moisture because of dry air that comes with the changing weather. Before leaving the house, cover your lips with a scarf to protect them.
4. Remember, you can still get sunburned: Just because it’s cold out doesn’t mean you can’t still be at risk for sun damage. Use a daily lip balm with SPF such as Carmex Daily Care Wintergreen with SPF 15 to keep lips hydrated and protected from the sun year-round.
5. Keep cold sore treatment on hand: Dry, cold winds can trigger a cold sore outbreak. Stress and drastic changes in temperature, such as moving from a warm house to the chilly outside, can also lead to a cold sore outbreak or recurrence. If you’re susceptible to cold sores, it could be a good idea to carry Carmex Cold Sore Treatment. While no product can cure a cold sore, it may help you feel more comfortable and confident. Its unique formula works on contact to minimize* the appearance of cold sores, promote healing, and relieve the seven worst cold sore symptoms—pain, itch, dryness, cracking, redness, scabbing and irritation.
*Product does not treat viral infections. When used to help conceal, individual results may vary.
The lip treatments are all available at Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Target and many other retailers.
For further facts and tips, go to mycarmex.com.
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Keep Your Brain Fit
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Surprising Perks Of Your Medicare Plan
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Living well with dementia in the community
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Live life well – how to keep your resolution in 2018
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Statistics show decline in cancer related deaths
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Use your brain to tackle tinnitus
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Top Five Tips To Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Tackling Depression Can Lead To A Happier New Year
- For Your Health: Older People Improve Life For Others And Themselves
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: New Guidelines Mean More Americans Have High Blood Pressure—You Could Be One Of Them