(NAPSI)—Approximately 80 percent of people with hearing loss also suffer from tinnitus—a ringing, buzzing, whistling or other noises in the ear. It can disrupt life and interfere with your enjoyment of everyday activities, but you can find relief.
Hearing aids have proven help-ful for people with hearing loss who also experience tinnitus. That’s because with better hear-ing, the brain has other external sounds to listen to, making tinni-tus less disturbing. Improved hearing also takes away the strain of listening, especially in difficult listening situations, and may help to reduce the stress associated with tinnitus.
Refocusing the Brain
There are many ways to take control of your tinnitus and reduce its impact on your life. Oticon Opn™ hearing aids offer the benefits of a balanced and rich sound experience that doesn’t overload the brain and a powerful solution for tinnitus relief. With built-in Tinnitus SoundSupport, the hearing aids allow you benefit from a range of soothing relief sounds, including popular ocean and nature sounds. You can adjust the sounds until they give the relief you need—wherever you find yourself needing it. You can also wirelessly stream alter-native tinnitus relief options, such as your favorite music, audio books, podcasts, or even relaxation guides directly to your hearing aids.
Hearing Care Is Health Care
It makes good sense to take care of your hearing health, just as you do the rest of your health. You owe it to yourself to schedule a visit with a hearing care professional for a hearing evaluation.
Learn more at www.Oticon.com/Opn.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Struggling With Addiction? Tips On Finding Quality Treatment
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Ending the Tragedy of ‘Family Fire’
- Parents Hold The Key To Reducing Underage Drinking
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Five Senior Health Myths
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Protect Your Health By Protecting Your Retirement Savings
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Is Your Sunscreen Harming The Reefs and Your Health?
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: How To Stop A ‘Silent Killer’
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: New Transplants Are Changing Lives
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Three Cool Ideas For A Better Night’s Rest
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Five Tips For Prescription Medication Success