Kenneth G. Priest II will present the History of Kenway Corporation on Thursday, October 5, at 6:30 p.m., at the Palermo Community Library, at 2789 Route 3, Palermo. The event is co-sponsored by the Palermo Historical Society and the Palermo Community Library.
After serving in the Air Force in World War II, Kenneth G. Priest founded Kenway Boats in his garage, building wooden run-abouts of his own design. Located at the junction of the South Liberty and Banton roads, in Palermo, Kenway provided employment to many local resi-dents to work in the boat-building shop. Kenway became a valued and respected business in Palermo and the surrounding areas.
The event is free and open to the public.
- Memories of the Mill at Palermo Historical meeting
- Sugg participates in TREK program
- Palermo Library book sale planned
- Palermo residents invited to discuss Sheepscot dam
- Fishy Photo: Striper Beauty
- Students named to the U. of Vermont dean’s list
- Sheepscot Lake residents concerned over reintroduction of lampreys
- Self defense, computer classes in Palermo
- Palermo School Middle Level honors Third trimester
- Peach order deadline approaches