Your cell phone goes everywhere with you, right? It’s compact and useful for talking with people, texting, and even figuring out where you are, but it can also take surprisingly good pictures. Be sure and bring it with you to the Palermo Community Center, on Turner Ridge Rd., on Friday, August 31, at 6 p.m., when Ray Sheely will share his expertise in cell phone photography.
Sometimes the best pictures are serendipitous, but most are not. Knowing how to take these pictures will encourage anyone to notice more of the real beauty in our surroundings. So don’t just smell the roses! Capture them digitally. As an experienced photographer, Sheely can share tips on lighting, composition, and use of color, as well as capturing character and just plain seizing the moment.
Please join the potluck supper prior to the presentation. For more info, please call Connie at 993-2294.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Garand joins local BHBT team
- China food pantry receives donation
- Mud season arrived on time; with a glimpse of summer
- China’s Dylan Presby given prestigious male sportsmanship award at Newbury College
- China scout achieves rank of Eagle Scout
- China Food Pantry team walks in Augusta Feed Me 5K
- Renaissance awards at Erskine
- Announcing The Town Line’s 2019 ice out contest winner
- Egg decorating at China Village Library
- JMG students help at 2019 China town meeting