Your cell phone goes everywhere with you, right? It’s compact and useful for talking with people, texting, and even figuring out where you are, but it can also take surprisingly good pictures. Be sure and bring it with you to the Palermo Community Center, on Turner Ridge Rd., on Friday, August 31, at 6 p.m., when Ray Sheely will share his expertise in cell phone photography.
Sometimes the best pictures are serendipitous, but most are not. Knowing how to take these pictures will encourage anyone to notice more of the real beauty in our surroundings. So don’t just smell the roses! Capture them digitally. As an experienced photographer, Sheely can share tips on lighting, composition, and use of color, as well as capturing character and just plain seizing the moment.
Please join the potluck supper prior to the presentation. For more info, please call Connie at 993-2294.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Bar Harbor Bank & Trust announces toy drive
- Caitlyn Denico joins Army National Guard
- China for a Lifetime kicks off volunteer initiative
- New Leos inducted at Erskine Academy
- Two local World War II Navy veterans remember
- Like it was yesterday
- CFAL to hold public meeting in November
- Jack Sylvester turns 80 years old
- Kudos to those who clean up our roadsides
- China resident named to financial stability oversight council