On Sunday, October 7, the coffee hour at China Baptist Church was a special celebration for Jack Sylvester’s 80th birthday. About 70 people sang Happy Birthday and enjoyed a soup buffet, and cake and ice cream. Jack and Ann were the long time proprietors of the China General Store, in China Village, and made the store the favorite gathering place for many in the area. His personality and good humor endeared Jack to everyone. Jack was also the China Village Fire Department Chief for many years.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Erskine tops school spirit challenge, again
- Attendance matters at China Middle School
- China Masons host celebration
- Erskine presents Renaissance awards 2018
- Emery recognized for 50-years service to local Masons
- PAGES IN TIME: The story of Killdeer Lodge – conclusion
- Nivek Boostedt earns Eagle Scout rank
- Bar Harbor Bank & Trust announces toy drive
- Caitlyn Denico joins Army National Guard
- China for a Lifetime kicks off volunteer initiative