It was a dark and stormy night, cold and rainy. On November 22, the Jefferson Area Community Food Pantry passed out turkeys, hams, assorted other meats, fresh and canned veggies and fruit to feed over 100 of our friends and neighbors.
Good Shepherd Food Bank and the DRA farm provided dry and canned goods and fresh produce. Lots of folks donated boxes of thanksgiving fixings, turkeys and money for the pantry to purchase more turkeys. One special giver donated 35 pies to insure that every family had a yummy desert.
Many new and dedicated volunteers came for set up and distribution. Thank you. Spirits were high in spite of the weather and they were all thankful for the generosity of the community. It was a great night. Happy Holidays
The Jefferson Food Pantry would not be possible without cash donations that we use to purchase food from the Good Shepherd Food Bank. If you would like to participate to help those in need with a monetary gift, please send donations to St. Giles Church, PO Box 34, Jefferson, ME 04348, with JACFB written in the memo area of your check.
They distribute food on the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month at St. Giles Church, 72 Gardiner Rd. ( Rt 126), from 4 -5:30 p.m. For more information, please call 315-1134.
- Volunteers sought in Jefferson
- Guitar concert benefit foundation
- King named to NEWMAC All Sportsmanship team
- Save the Mill fundraiser reaches preliminary goal
- Winter wonderland sleigh ride
- Crockett elected Kennebec Historical Society president
- Opiates in Central Maine: Not just a National Crisis
- Colby College students perform at ‘Jazz at Lincoln Center’
- Erskine Academy’s Winter Concert scheduled for December 20, 2017
- Clinton elementary students hold drive for homeless shelter