Officer John Veilleux began his career with the Winslow Police Department as a part-time officer in May 2012. Officer Veilleux was hired into the full-time ranks November 2013. The process for Officer of the Year (2018) was unique. The process consisted of all the enlisted employees conducting peer surveys amongst themselves and rating who they believed was most deserving of the award. Once the surveys were completed, the scores were determined by command staff resulting in Officer Veilleux being chosen as Officer of the Year.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Kathleen McCowan performed in Muhlenberg College’s fall dance showcase “Moving Stories”
- Winslow girl receives national award from HGHW
- Hard work, determination keep Abigail Dudley plenty busy
- 2019 Real estate tax schedule
- Davis, Nicholson named chairman, vice chairman of Northern Light Inland Hospital board of directors
- Winslow teen wins preliminary round of video competition
- Vassalboro, Winslow: Before/After program receives gold recognition
- Winslow police drive nets food for local school pantries
- Local trio cited at annual soccer banquet
- Fire prevention week at St. John school