Sponsored by the China Lake Association, the China LakeSmart volunteers have already started the 2018 season by visiting lakefront property owners who have requested a visit. We hope you will join our effort to protect China Lake from the effects of harmful storm water runoff. A volunteer visit lasts about one hour. In that time we will be able to provide you with ideas tailored to your property to promote a healthy lake.
The China Region Lake Alliance will assist to get the work completed with manpower provided by the Youth Conservation Corp. Project funds are available through the Kennebec Water District and the Town of China. The China LakeSmart Program is focused on educating the public about protecting China Lake and acknowledging the involvement of participants, recognizing them with a LakeSmart award. The volunteer visit is free!
To schedule your free visit, contact the China Lake Association‘s China LakeSmart team leader, Marie Michaud at ChinaLakeSmart@gmail.com or call (207) 242-0240.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Road Warriors
- How to take great pictures on your cell phone
- Letters to the Editor: Thanks for China Lake water quality
- Augusta’s Lincoln School benefits from Eagle Scout project
- Erskine Academy bus route schedule for 2018-19 school year
- Selectmen approve new schedule at transfer station
- Groundbreaking for new South China Library
- 2018 China Community Days: Program of Events
- Invasive plant patrol workshop on China Lake
- China throws retirement party for town manager