Sponsored by the China Lake Association, the China LakeSmart volunteers have already started the 2018 season by visiting lakefront property owners who have requested a visit. We hope you will join our effort to protect China Lake from the effects of harmful storm water runoff. A volunteer visit lasts about one hour. In that time we will be able to provide you with ideas tailored to your property to promote a healthy lake.
The China Region Lake Alliance will assist to get the work completed with manpower provided by the Youth Conservation Corp. Project funds are available through the Kennebec Water District and the Town of China. The China LakeSmart Program is focused on educating the public about protecting China Lake and acknowledging the involvement of participants, recognizing them with a LakeSmart award. The volunteer visit is free!
To schedule your free visit, contact the China Lake Association‘s China LakeSmart team leader, Marie Michaud at ChinaLakeSmart@gmail.com or call (207) 242-0240.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Announcing The Town Line’s 2019 ice out contest winner
- Egg decorating at China Village Library
- JMG students help at 2019 China town meeting
- Talking Trash: Happy springtime China and Palermo residents
- Local man’s latest adventure: Teaching in China
- CMS students learn how to plant native seeds
- China School’s Forest to offer fun, outdoor activities for youth
- Maine Maple Sunday at Raider Sugarhouse
- Report on global fisheries
- Kaitlyn Sutter helps raise over $117,000 for the UVM Children’s Hospital