Sponsored by the China Lake Association, the China LakeSmart volunteers have already started the 2018 season by visiting lakefront property owners who have requested a visit. We hope you will join our effort to protect China Lake from the effects of harmful storm water runoff. A volunteer visit lasts about one hour. In that time we will be able to provide you with ideas tailored to your property to promote a healthy lake.
The China Region Lake Alliance will assist to get the work completed with manpower provided by the Youth Conservation Corp. Project funds are available through the Kennebec Water District and the Town of China. The China LakeSmart Program is focused on educating the public about protecting China Lake and acknowledging the involvement of participants, recognizing them with a LakeSmart award. The volunteer visit is free!
To schedule your free visit, contact the China Lake Association‘s China LakeSmart team leader, Marie Michaud at ChinaLakeSmart@gmail.com or call (207) 242-0240.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- New Leos inducted at Erskine Academy
- Two local World War II Navy veterans remember
- Like it was yesterday
- CFAL to hold public meeting in November
- Jack Sylvester turns 80 years old
- Kudos to those who clean up our roadsides
- China resident named to financial stability oversight council
- China resident recognized at final school board meeting
- It’s time for pumpkin patches and corn mazes
- Cony graduate completes basic training