Waterville Creates!, one of Maine’s leading arts and cultural organizations and a key driver in making the city a vibrant destination in central Maine, has elected Jim LaLiberty to the role of vice president of the Waterville Creates! board of directors effective February 28. Jim also serves as chair of the Waterville Opera House board.
Jim is currently an attorney at Jabar, LaLiberty & Dubord LLC and has practiced law in Waterville for 36 years. He is a graduate of Wesleyan University and the University of Maine School of Law. His practice is concentrated in the areas of business and commercial law. In addition to his role on the Waterville Opera House board, Jim is also a member of the board of directors of MaineGeneral Health.
He lives in Waterville with his wife, Julie, a seventh grade teacher at Waterville Junior High.
“I am proud to serve the arts in Waterville through my dual roles on both the Waterville Creates! and the Waterville Opera House boards,” stated LaLiberty upon being voted in as vice president. “Working in tandem with my fellow board members as well as our communities’ collaborative partners in the arts, including the Harold Alfond Foundation and Colby College.”
- PALERMO: Meet the Author series
- Barbershop chorus elects officers
- David Mejia appointed Director of Education
- PALERMO: Order Vidalia Onions Now
- Racing Extinction in Palermo on April 28
- UNITY NEWS: Bird Walk planned
- CHINA NEWS: Two local questions on China ballot in June
- Vassalboro News: Budget workers frustrated over state’s lack of action
- Ice Out on China Lake
- Local scout troop conducts food drive