UNITY — The 47-mile Hills-to-Sea Trail is complete with an expected opening this spring. Join Buck O’Herin and Tom Mullin of the Waldo County Trails Coalition on Wednesday, April 12 to learn about this new footpath from Unity to Belfast. Find out about the history and building of this inspiring project and how you can get involved to support this community resource.
The talk is part of the Sebasticook Regional Land Trust’s monthly speaker series, “Restoring Connections to Place,” featuring a wide variety of conservation topics of interest to Maine. The programs are free and open to the public at 6:30 p.m., the second Wednesday of every month at the Sebasticook Regional Land Trust office, 93 Main St., Unity.
Other speakers in the monthly “Restoring Connections to Place” speaker series:
Wednesday, May 10. Ecologist Aleta McKeage, of Belfast, will present on invasive plants, one of the primary threats to environmental health that we face today. Invasive plants take over natural areas, crowding out native species and changing wildlife habitats.
On Wednesday, June 14, Lessons from Avian Haven Wild Bird Rehabilitation Center: A Citizen’s Guide to Helping the Birds of Maine. Laura Suomi-Lecker, education and outreach coordinator, will discuss common reasons why birds are admitted to Avian Haven Wild Bird REhabilitation Center, in Freedom, and what citizens can do to help our local birds.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Unity College professor earns Fulbright Scholarship for brown bear research in Slovenia
- Unity Rotary Club taking fruit orders as fundraiser
- Last call for Common Ground Country Fair poster contest
- Unity College graduates six deputy game wardens
- Unity group proposes creating green cemetery
- Michael Womersley to speak at SRLT meeting
- MOFGA to Host 41st Annual Common Ground Country Fair
- Woodland owners to hear speakers at fair
- What you should know about boundary surveys featured at SRLT monthly program
- What’s the “Buzz about Bees”?