Surrounded by family and friends, Leo Club members participated in a formal induction ceremony at Erskine Academy, in South China, on May 3. The Leo Club is a new club formed in conjunction with the Whitefield Lions Club and Advisor Roxanne Malley. Thirty two students from Erskine Academy have joined the Leo Club.
Whitefield Lion first-year Director Barry Tibbetts welcomed the Leos saying, “In the coming years you will make a lot of choices defining who you are and what you are about. You have made the choice to join the Leo Club and that shows that you think about someone besides yourself. That speaks volumes about you.”
The Leo Club is a way for students to conduct local civic duties, volunteer in the community and develop leadership skills.
- China Village VFD chosen as Hannaford Case Bag program beneficiary
- Girl Scouts give back for Thanksgiving
- Meeting to be held on proposed Ladd Dam and Box Mill fishways
- China police log for September 2017
- China Town employees get a new health plan
- Eagle Scout project in South China
- Local businesses team up to help veterans in need
- China Middle School JMG aids in hurricane relief for China, Texas
- Erskine Academy to Host Trunk or Treat
- Tisdale thanked for service