To the editor:
The letter to Senator [Susan] Collins recently published urging her to support President Trump and secure our southern border brought back memories. As a former classmate of Mrs. Sutton, I would listen to similar stories from her outlining the troubles they had with illegal trespassing on their property in southern Texas. Her frustration was long-standing that the lawbreaker invaders got more sympathy than she did as an American tax paying citizen.
It was sad to see she did not feel safe on her own property and ended up moving twice, each time further from the border. We must enforce our current immigration laws and stop the flow of drugs, gangs and people promoting sex trafficking into our country.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Any veteran can join the Legion
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR – Litterers: Help us out. Don’t flatten cans!
- LETTERS: Trash pick up response exceptional
- LETTERS: Those extraordinary fireworks!
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Doing “business” in E. Vassalboro
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Integrity of our voting process is at stake
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Appraisal needed on property
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Thanks from food pantry
- Letters to the Editor: Pay more now for our children’s future
- Letters to the Editor: Point of letter missed