To the editor:
Last fall I was elected to the RSU #18 schoolboard representing the town of China. This has given me the opportunity to see inside the complex mechanism in running a large school system. Today’s education involves much more than I had experienced growing up. School today involves knowing each individual student, their character and their roadblocks in learning. Hiring social workers and drug councilors add to the crucial formation of these young minds. If we fail our mission to direct these young people to a bright beautiful future, then our social workers and/or drug councilors will follow them into their adult lives. Paying a little more now for extra support needed for success will be well worth the investment. Our children are our future, let’s teach and support them accordingly.
Please vote yes for education this June.
RSU #18 schoolboard member for China
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Any veteran can join the Legion
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR – Litterers: Help us out. Don’t flatten cans!
- LETTERS: Trash pick up response exceptional
- LETTERS: Those extraordinary fireworks!
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Doing “business” in E. Vassalboro
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Integrity of our voting process is at stake
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Appraisal needed on property
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Thanks from food pantry
- Letters to the Editor: Point of letter missed
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Great article on Jack’s