I have been enjoying China Lake at my family’s camp my whole life. Spending the summers fishing, boating, and just floating around on those hot summer days. I have been following the alewife initiative since they were introduced into the lake a few years ago and I just wanted to give my thanks to everyone involved. The fishing this year has been the best I have seen in my 20-plus years on the lake. The lake is super healthy and the stocked game fish have been catchable in the hot summer months for the first time ever. They also seem to be staying in the lake and growing. I will attach a picture to show the quality of the fish I have been catching.
Again, I just wanted to send a thank you out to anyone involved and show them proof of what their hard work is doing for the lake. The proof is in the pudding as they say.
The Audets – Fire Road 12
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- It’s time for pumpkin patches and corn mazes
- Cony graduate completes basic training
- Road Warriors
- How to take great pictures on your cell phone
- Augusta’s Lincoln School benefits from Eagle Scout project
- Erskine Academy bus route schedule for 2018-19 school year
- Selectmen approve new schedule at transfer station
- Groundbreaking for new South China Library
- 2018 China Community Days: Program of Events
- Invasive plant patrol workshop on China Lake