To the editor:
I know I’m late getting this letter written but it’s needing to be done. The fundraising 3-on-3 basketball “extravaganza” was just fantastic. So many people put so much time and effort into that day at the China Primary and Middle schools and at Erskine Academy where it went all day. Amazing!
Teams came from Brunswick, Rumford and other towns to contribute to the fundraiser and paid $5 a head to play and be a part of such an amazing fundraiser.
Many helped cooking, selling food, tickets, etc. Plus, all the refs and announcers, etc.
As Jacob’s great-grandmother, I just have to say how impressed I am to have witnessed such an event. To observe so many supporting, caring, loving and fantastic people who came to participate or just watch and be a part of it.
I did participate in the entertainment and Dan (my son) and Terry (the grandparents) and I played against Joe, Joe’s brother, Achiva and Bella (sisters of Jacob), and I made a basket, which was a miracle! Great fun for the fundraiser and one of the men from the Brunswick team called mine “The Granny Dunk.”
Many thanks to all who participated in any way, especially the China Primary and Middle schools and Erskine Academy for sharing their facilities. To those who put this all together and all those who worked many hours on it, your efforts and generosity were noted and the family is sincerely grateful. God bless you all and keep praying for Jacob, he’s going through a lot.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Letters to the Editor: Please don’t allow CMP corridor
- Letters to the Editor: Transfer station explanation
- Letters to the Editor: Others need to pitch in
- Letters to the Editor: Re-paving and closing early a waste
- Letters to the editor: Never ending detours
- Letters to the Editor: Thanks supporters
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Important vote coming Saturday in Somerville
- Letters to the Editor: Support Alna’s citizens
- Letters to the Editor: Please help your friends and neighbors in Alna
- Letters to the Editor: Urges “Yes” on Winslow school budget