To the editor:
I know I’m late getting this letter written but it’s needing to be done. The fundraising 3-on-3 basketball “extravaganza” was just fantastic. So many people put so much time and effort into that day at the China Primary and Middle schools and at Erskine Academy where it went all day. Amazing!
Teams came from Brunswick, Rumford and other towns to contribute to the fundraiser and paid $5 a head to play and be a part of such an amazing fundraiser.
Many helped cooking, selling food, tickets, etc. Plus, all the refs and announcers, etc.
As Jacob’s great-grandmother, I just have to say how impressed I am to have witnessed such an event. To observe so many supporting, caring, loving and fantastic people who came to participate or just watch and be a part of it.
I did participate in the entertainment and Dan (my son) and Terry (the grandparents) and I played against Joe, Joe’s brother, Achiva and Bella (sisters of Jacob), and I made a basket, which was a miracle! Great fun for the fundraiser and one of the men from the Brunswick team called mine “The Granny Dunk.”
Many thanks to all who participated in any way, especially the China Primary and Middle schools and Erskine Academy for sharing their facilities. To those who put this all together and all those who worked many hours on it, your efforts and generosity were noted and the family is sincerely grateful. God bless you all and keep praying for Jacob, he’s going through a lot.
- Letters to the Editor: Support Alna’s citizens
- Letters to the Editor: Please help your friends and neighbors in Alna
- Letters to the Editor: Urges “Yes” on Winslow school budget
- Letters to the Editor: Winslow council did not listen to the voters last time
- Letters to the editor: Education decisions in Winslow
- Letters to the editor: Crap on our roadsides
- Letters to the Editor: Are we on a path to national suicide?
- COMMUNITY CHATTER: Looking for ceramic ram
- Letters to the Editor: Is the Legislature Serious?
- Community Chatter: Recommends handyman