To the editor:
The response for volunteers to pick up litter on July 13 on the main roads of China has been exceptional. We now have it covered from Erskine Academy to Rte. 3, South China village itself, Rte. 202 to China village, China village itself, the causeway, and a portion of the Neck Road from China village south.
It’s been suggested we do this on the second Saturday every month. When the snow flies, we may have to take a break and resume whenever it’s melted. Appreciation to the volunteers who have stepped forward and thanks also to the town office staff and the transfer station staff. It does indeed need the cooperation of everyone.
As Dennis Heath, town manager, said in a recent communication, it would help enormously if all property owners would take responsibility to pick up along their own frontage on China’s roads.
I think we all realize this effort can only really succeed if the litterers change their behavior. Please keep it in the car for later proper disposal and cover trash being hauled to the Transfer Station in an open vehicle.
We also welcome anyone living on roads other than the covered routes to consider stepping forward and help create a Litter-free China!
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Any veteran can join the Legion
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR – Litterers: Help us out. Don’t flatten cans!
- LETTERS: Those extraordinary fireworks!
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Doing “business” in E. Vassalboro
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Integrity of our voting process is at stake
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Appraisal needed on property
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Thanks from food pantry
- Letters to the Editor: Pay more now for our children’s future
- Letters to the Editor: Point of letter missed
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Great article on Jack’s